I've been a programmer for quite some time and therefore I had a lot of contact with Windows (vomit - I have to have it to play games), Linux (yeah), and lately I started with MacOS just to learn more about it. I love the terminal since I've been in contact with Linux. Nevertheless there are some basic toolings besides the console you still need for the daily stuff.
I have installed a couple of things that I like:
- Flycut: copy paste history
- Caffeine: to stop standby
- Homebrew: linux like paket manager
- Bartender: to hide system tray icons
- Atom: nice plugin based editor
- Alfred App: spotlight replacement (non paid - which really is nah. Is there a good alternative?)
- CheatSheet: to remember or don't remember the shortcuts
- GIMP: graphic editing
- Firefox & Thunderbird obviously
- Greenshot - which is windows based only: Alternatives?
I was recommended in comment by @Dɑvïd this summary and already looked up cyberduck for FTP + quicksilver as an Alfred alternative.
Any other suggestions on must-haves on MacOS?