We're running Visual Studio Team Service (VSTS) and Office 365 (O365) and we have a bunch of stakeholders/product owners who won't bloody login to the portal and create work items for them selves... instead sending emails! I work almost exclusively on VSTS so it'd be nice for support/project discussion to end up there.
I've looked at a couple of tools like Mail2Bug and TMO but was wondering about other people's experience with these(or others?).
Ideally the process would work like so:
- I set up a [email protected] address that this tool can scan
- A user emails the support address with a problem (or I CC this email (in reply) in when I'm emailed directly)
- This will create a custom Support Work Item (Not a Bug or User Story) on the VSO (potentially with options to insert the item in a particular state, on a certain board etc.)
- Bonus points for:
- Auto updating the work item with content from follow up email
- Closing the ticket via email
What do you use?