On my old printer there was an option to print a regular PDF (or any series of pages) in a way such that the output would form a double-sided mini booklet, in that you would take all the printed pages and fold them in half (all at once) and you'd have a mini booklet.

I can't seem to find such an option on my new printer (an HP color laserjet).

Is there a separate software that could replicate this effect, i.e. modify the PDF in the way described above (so that the printer could just print like it normally does)?

  • 1
    Adobe reader has that functionality built in. What PDF viewer are you using? And does your printer support duplex printing (obviously needed for a normal booklet printing)? Jun 27 '18 at 11:00
  • 1
    You've added the gratis tag to your question, which makes this a not-answer, but if you don't actually mind a commercial program, BlueSquirrel's ClickBook did the job for me, until all the programs I routinely use started having the functionality built-in. ClickBook also has the virtue of being able to do it with non-duplexing printers; it generates instructions for re-loading the partly-printed booklet back in the printer to finish the job. Jun 28 '18 at 9:39

PDF Booklet is a great program for this, been using it for years.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.