I see many things as graphs: project's tasks, program execution flow, etc. I'd like to be able to draw those conveniently on my PC instead of drawing on paper.
Predicted most used features:
- creation of an independent vertice
- moving a vertice freely (no automatic organizing if I don't explicitly want)
- naming & renaming a vertice
- connecting vertices with directed or undirected edges
- reshaping an edge
- labeling an edge
- adding an unattached from one side edge (I will want to indicate that something comes there, and maybe label the edge, but not know what will be on the other side yet)
- moving a group of vertices
There are many mind mapping tools that work quite well, but creation of independent nodes is hard or impossible and they force their own organization into a tree (visually, some allow internal edges). Custom vertices positioning is an additional information that I want there.
Priorities are: convenience of creation and freedom of placement/organization. Bonuses: adding notes, urls, colors and other formatting, a desktop app, an android app.