I just started driving, and I wanted to use a driving simulator to get some practice with turning at the right time, how much I should turn the steering wheel, knowing which way to turn the steering when I'm in reverse, parallel parking, etc.
I tried a few free driving simulators on the App Store and online, and the controls are too much like Mario Kart and don't seem that similar to an actual car.
- steering wheel rather than left/right buttons, and one that turns the wheel only slightly, just like an actual car
- transmission shifter, with at least a reverse mode and drive mode. (Most simulators seem to have the break pedal double as a reverse, which is something I don't want.)
- in drive and reverse modes, the car should cruise forward/backward, so you need to hold the break to keep the car from moving.
- first-person perspective
- turn signals
- rewind a few seconds so that I can get a do-over for any mistakes
- sub-$10 or ideally free/gratis
- Android, iOS, or Windows (although I would be curious about any Mac apps too)