I have a question quite similar to a previous one of mine, with the difference that
- I do not want to sell the photos but provide them for free (no payment needed)
- does not need user registration (all photos will be uploaded by the admin only)
- the amout of visitors is expected to much much lower
- no watermaks needed on images, since they are all released under a CC-something license
The platform needs to
- be open source, since it is likely that I need to adapt things
- run self-hosted, i.e. run on a Debian server
- show image details (EXIF data etc.)
- provide German as a language
- support image descriptions and tags
- provide bulk upload capability and not web-based upload only
- handle ~100 visitors/month (likely to depend on the hardware, but perhaps there is a statement about "performance per hardware")
- provide search capabilities
I have tried:
- MediaGoblin seems bad in uploading multiple images. It seems not to recognize the file's license from EXIF data. Also the layout did not convice me.
- Lychee looks quite nice, but the usability is a bit unexpected. Navigating forward, back and up is not obvious.
- Koken.me has impressive screenshots but I was unable to find a live demo which I could use to figure out whether it really suits my needs.