I use Thunderbird as my Windows desktop email client. There is no Thunderbird for Android.
I actually quite like the Gmail client, but do not want Google reading all of my mail.
I need something which :
- will handle multiple accounts (at least a dozen), and keep them separate
- has good search capabilities (message body too, not just header) partial sender address, wildcard searches, date range searches, all of these combinable
- a bunch of plugins would be nice
- I especially want GPG support
- and I don't want it scanning my emails & using me as "the product"
- has IMAP support
- allows me to schedule how often it checks for new mail (not once an hour, like Gmail)
- supports common mailbox formats, so that I could switch to a new client & import
- tags are nice
- mark as "in need of reply" & remind me
I don't need a calendar or fancy address book, but won't object. Low resource usage would be nice. Stable, with good support & an active user community.
Gratis (and add-free) would be great, but I am willing to pay, if there is a compelling reason. I don't need open source, but don't object to it.