Is there any tool that produces a diagram of the current keyboard layout, and shows secondary characters typed when pressing Shift or Alt Gr (or is editable so I can manually add those)?

An example from Wikipedia:

1 Answer 1


You can use the windows built in tools "On Screen Keyboard" and the "Snipping Tool" to get an image of the current keyboard layout: enter image description here Then the one with the AltGr button pressed: enter image description here

And use just about any image editing program, personally I used Gimp, to recolor and merge one on the other with a little offset for clarity: enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.