Wikipedia has tables, but
- they're always part of an article, not standalone
- editing with VisualEditor is clunky
- editing with wikicode is a nightmare
- sometimes they can be sorted, but that's about all you can do as far as viewing
GitHub will display CSV files as tables, but
- editing plain text CSV is not fun
- no sorting or formatting or anything, just a table that you can scroll
- collaborating requires learning git, commiting to repos, etc.
Plot.ly has tables that can be published
- but I think they can only be forked, not collaboratively edited
Is there anything that's easier to edit, collaboratively edited like a wiki, and allows viewers to rearrange or filter large tables to dig out the information they want? Both links above are examples of the type of data I'm thinking of, like tables of properties of many things in the same category, product feature comparisons, etc.