I'm new to Kubernetes, and trying to figure out the best way to handle VMs in my particular (homelab) setup. Specifically, I need a software to handle the integration between Kubernetes and the VM layer (like frakti or KubeVirt), help ease management while still running what I need to run. Alternatively, if you don't think an integration would be helpful, what hypervisor/management software would fit my needs?
- The hosts run Fedora. I'm open to alternatives, but I do prefer Fedora.
- There will be at least 1 Windows 10 VM, it needs to be as close to the metal as it can get.
- VGA Passthrough (or its equivalent) will be going for the Windows 10 VM.
- The VMs need to be able to reach databases running on Kubernetes
- I want some way of checking host usage via a single interface. I don't want to have to look at each machine individually in order to figure out how many cores/how much RAM is used by VMs.