I need to develop an update for my company's website, and due to the rapid change in font end software I am not sure what the state of the art is. I would prefer to use either a managed hosted or serverless solution, as we don't have the resources to play cat and mouse with hackers with a server.
The requirements are as follows:
- The ability to add rich text pages and blog posts with embedded media
- User signup and authentication for accessing company software downloads
- Support forum and/or ticket tracking system
- Pre-made templates
- The ability to add plugins for custom functionality
- Automatic patching, user data managed by hosting/cloud services
- Filter by IP address due to US export restrictions
- Fast and easy setup. Web development is not this company's focus.
WordPress would probably be a reasonable choice, however I have had terrible experiences with WordPress security in the past so I am hesitant to use it. The other options I have found are bubble.is (too limited) or FlameLink + FireBase (too immature).
I am aware that any plugins we develop will need to be secured and maintained by our team.
Any suggestions on how to proceed are greatly appreciated.