I'm looking for a tool to help expedite the writing of reports that often have the same exact sentences/paragraphs. The idea is to generate documents based on a collection of predefined strings, in an interactive manner.
The tool should allow the user to define several "text sections", and for each section the user will be able to provide a list of strings. Then, when a new document is requested, for each section, the user will be presented with a list of checkboxes (one for each string; possibly including a "fuzzy" search field) and after confirming the choices, text sections are created.
- (Must) Support for multiple "text sections", each having its own collection of strings.
- (Must) Updating the lists of strings should be objectively simple for a non-tech-savvy user.
- (Must) The output should be plain text, so that it can be easily copied and edited.
- (N2H) The list of strings should be searchable. That is, when typing some text, the list of strings should be filtered on the fly to entries that contain this text.
- Gratis solutions are preferred but not a must. If the tool requires payment, it should have a demo/trial version available.
- The tool/software doesn't have to be standalone (i.e. I don't mind if it requires Python, Java, MS Office, MATLAB, ...).
- I know about MS Word's AutoText feature but it is very inconvenient for this purpose since it's not meant for this volume of text - it doesn't allow searching, texts cannot be added in bulk, organizing texts into sections is difficult, etc.
- My fallback is to code this myself or create some Excel-based tool, but this is really the last resort due to the amount of time it could take.