My camera has a GPS sensor, so most of my pictures have a latitude/longitude in their EXIF.
I know I took pictures at a particular location, but I don't remember when and I have so many folders and pictures that searching by looking at a gallery would take ages.
So, I need an app that shows all of my pictures on a map of the world, either as pins or thumbnails.
- Automatically scans all pictures in a particular folder, recursively, and quickly (at least 10 pictures per second).
- Can handle 100.000 pictures (it is OK to show just a fraction of them, then show more when I zoom)
- Works on Linux or Android
- Preferably desktop software rather than a web interface (even if it has to download map tiles)
- Gratis, ideally open source