sar takes a lot of numeric measurements at regular intervals.
I have sar data files for covering a week, and I want to generate a report. Currently I copy/paste and concatenate data for each day into a spreadsheet and create line charts, then copy these charts into a document and generate a PDF, all of which is very time-consuming.
Is there a tool that can do all of this automatically?
- Output can be PDF, HTML, or office formats such as LibreOffice or Word.
- No tables of numbers, only line charts.
- Each line charts must show all days. Not a separate chart for each day.
- Let me enter an "anomaly time", and put a red vertical bar at that exact time in the background of each chart.
- Adapt scale to the numbers
- Show a "reference period" in grey in the background of each chart. When investigating on a anomaly, it is useful to compare with what the lines looked like the week before the anomaly.
- Open source
- For tables with extra dimensions (CPU and network links), give the option to not include per-CPU charts. Also give the option to not show information about variables that have not changed at all during the period.