OneNote on Microsoft Surface, text on screenshot is german
For my university notes I'd like to use a libre note-taking application with text and pen support (very important for, say, diagrams and formulas)
In the past I've used Drawboard PDF, Xodo and now OneNote.
The first two sort of 'work' but they're very buggy and thanks to closed source I can't do a thing about it.
Drawboard PDF and Xodo both use PDF Annotations, which creates a nice interchangeability between PDF Annotators.
OneNote on the other hand stores all the data inside a single .one file (a "section").
It's hard to organize individual lectures when one file is the whole course. The OneNote UI doesn't accommodate creating a separate section for separate lectures.
Besides, the .one format seems utterly stupid sometimes. A newly created empty section sometimes takes up to 11 MB.
Is there a software that
- support surface pen
- support text insert (no rtf needed!)
- lets me edit on per-file basis (pdf, djvu, ... format itself doesn't matter as long as it's somewhat shareabe)
- offline ; not web-based
- doesn't crash every few minutes or so
- (FOSS/libre would be very good in the long term)
for the record, these questions are not duplicates:
- Application for drawing diagrams freehand and exporting as images on Microsoft Surface with support for the Surface Pen
- Does Libre Office have an equivalent of OneNote, or is there another alternative?
- Online note taking / journal application