I'm looking for a voice recorder to be used on one of my Android devices.
- works on Android 6+
- lets me set the desired recording quality (a discussion must not be recorded HiFi – but a music session probably should)
- lets me set markers while recording (think of chapters in an eBook, or a topic switch in a meeting). Playback being capable to "jump to" markers.
- must be free
- must be privacy-friendly (as much as possible; in the best case, it will only require permissions to access the mike and the storage)
- low battery use (so I can have it running multiple hours without a break)
- support "long recording sessions" (it's OK if it starts a new file e.g. every hour); a 6h limit would be OK
- Recording in background (even when display is off)
- playback capabilities (to listen into my recordings)
- should be simple and easy to use (so no "overblown" GUI)
- "small and handsome" (
.apkshouldn't be tens of megabytes in size)
- FOSS (free as in "free speech" and as in "free beer")
- availability on F-Droid
- visual "gain control" (so I can e.g. see whether the speaker will be heard in the recording)
- tagging of recordings (e.g. "speeches", "meetings", "business", "personal" …)
- simple edit functionality (to e.g. cut off from the start or the end of an recording, or to split a file)
- date-and-time stamping (if that's possible, e.g. via Metadata). Playback being capable to "jump to" timestamps.
- option to "skip silence" (i.e. only record if there's sound)
- also works on Kitkat (yes, I have some older devices which could serve as "dedicated voice recorder")
- still being actively maintained would be appreciated
Definitely NOT needed/wanted
- cloud storage (Dropbox, GDrive, whatever)
- tons of trackers and ad modules
- unrelated "Gimmicks"
I've already checked related questions, and they do not match my needs:
- Voice recorder for Android: None of my requirements, but only "should be invisible while running" – which again isn't one of my requirements
- Specialized audio recorder for Android: Meets my requirements on "low battery use" and "long recording sessions" (and one answer also covers the recording quality) – but not the others
- Android voice recorder that will allow me to save to dropbox: Contradicts with my requirements
- Voice recording while taking note: Not covering my requirements (except for time stamping)