I like WinAmp, I'm used to WinAmp. I'm not saying every single aspect of it is wonderful, but it's gotten enough right to keep me a loyal user.
Now, QMMP - at least on my GNU/Linux Mint 18.3 - has (at least) three annoying bugs/misfeatures:
- Poor/no support for Unicode in filenames
- Trouble with minimization/maximization, where only one of the several panes will become visible again, and it's hella difficult to make the others reappear.
- Lacking higher-resolution skins
So I'm looking for another player. Requirements:
- Gratis and libre
- Actively maintained
- Doesn't exhibit glaring bugs
- Multi-file tagging / tag editing capability
- Ability to rename files by tags and patterns
- Ability to fix invalid charset use in meta-data fields (essentially applying
tror a regexp to various fields in many files)
- Different erfrom QMMP/WinAmp in non-intrusive/interesting ways I might appreciate despite my "conservatism"
- Trying to be general-purpose media player
PS - If you were to tell me QMMP's trunk is better than what I have installed - I'll take that as one of the possible answers.