We run a business in New Zealand which provides services to the New Zealand legal system. As a result, we need to verify the drivers license of any new clients we take on.
These new clients call in (we're one of two providers) and ask to be taken on as new clients. Typically, they're looking for a setup process that is as smooth and easy as possible.
We're currently asking them to read their license details to us over the phone, and we're recording it and trusting that it's accurate. We will need to get a more robust system in place within the next few months, due to changes in legislation.
We were thinking that the best way could be to get the client to take a photo of their license and send it to us.
What software/webapps could we use to easily get photos from clients? We don't want them to have to go to our website to submit the photo.
We've already considered:
- Using Facebook Messenger (people may not want to message a judicial provider on Facebook; some people don't have Facebook)
- Using texting (MMS) to send and receive messages and pictures (we haven't been able to find a NZ provider that will offer SMS + MMS + the ability to receive SMS and MMS)
- Email (a lot of the people we deal with don't have email)
- Fax (even though no one uses fax).
If required, we could build a 'stack' - e.g. try SMS → try Facebook Messenger → try email, etc.
Software/webapps should be:
- Usable from a desktop computer
- Shouldn't cost the recipient too much (eg using a US SMS service will be costly for our clients, if they're sending photos to an international number)
- Fairly quickly accessible while on a phone call (with a headset).