Ubuntu 18.04 uses Wayland, which gtk-recordmydesktop does not support (
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_pixel'). I ried pressing Ctrl+Shift+Alt+R it freezed my computer and I had to hard-reboot it after 5 minutes.
How to record my Ubuntu 18.04 desktop?
- Gratis, ideally open source.
- Outputs video in a format that YouTube can digest, if possible without needing intermediate conversions.
- Shows my mouse, and ideally shows when I click.
- Ability to select a particular area of the screen.
- Ideally with a small GUI or shortcut to easily stop the video.
- Bonus if it can record desktop sounds, and the microphone.
For past versions of Ubuntu please check Screen Recorder for Ubuntu