1Password pushes people to create cloud accounts and pay subscription fees and it seems like they want to retire a standalone app eventually (although they don't want to admit it) ‒ i.e. you cannot buy Windows license anymore. So I am looking for an alternative.
My requirements are:
- free or one-time pay (can be for each platform separately)
- clients for Windows, Mac and iOS (Android is a plus, mostly for future readers, not me)
- Firefox add-on
- passwords stored locally, not on their server
- some kind of sync, OneDrive preferred
What I tried and didn't like:
- Dashlane, Intuitive Password, Keeper, LastPass ‒ all store passwords on their servers
- MSecure ‒ no browser add-ons
What I tried and kind of liked:
- Enpass ‒ it looks really great but it is India based company and they are postponing security audit
- KeePass ‒ I guess it can meet all requirements but requires a lot of work to set everything up. Although it is on my backup list
Any other recommendations? Did I miss something?