In a small community of 30-50 users, we want to manage borrowing of items from a central pool. The usual use case would be to borrow and return items by scanning them with one's own mobile on a meetup. As everything is based on trust, every user should be able to enter items they borrowed and returned. To add new items to the pool, QR codes would be attached to each item which are then scanned and entered into the system.
- Mobile app to use the system (at least Android)
- QR/bar code scanner can be used to identify (check in / check out) an item
- Web client would be useful as well
- Custom attributes in addition to the usual title, author etc.
- Offline transactions: check in / check out of items while not connected to the system, will be carried out when connection is available again
I am especially looking for open source software.