I need to mimic the way Messenger boxes each message in bubbles.

Word, obviously, is not a tool for this. However, going full-fledged HTML is kind of overkill for me. This is for a research article, so being able to focus on the content is pretty important to me. There is LaTeX, but it lacks aesthetics.

More importantly, as I think I can simply copy the HTML code from Messenger, an editor/word processor that can implement HTML will work. It's similar to how WordPress has both WYSIWYM and WYSIWYG panels.

What word processing tools that can work with HTML code?

I use Windows 10.

Related: What word processing tools that can work with complicate text boxing?

2 Answers 2


Word processors are different from HTML editors.

Typically word processors are a kind of general-purpose software which you can compose letters, reports, even writing books can be done by word processors. They also provide extensive feature to format documents. HTML editors are text-editors that can handle HTML files, and those are frequently used by web authors. It could be as simple as notepad to more sophisticated WYSIWYG-style like Dreamweaver.

For your case, you might to try KompoZer. If it still can't satisfy your requirement, you have to learn HTML (and CSS) yourself.

  • Isn't development of Kompozer stopped?
    – onurcano
    Dec 10, 2017 at 3:32
  • Sorry, I don't know another software that suit your need so you have to learn how to code using HTML and CSS... Dec 10, 2017 at 9:02

Another WYSIWYG HTML builder is BlueGriffon. Similar to Kompozer but I found it a little easier to use. BlueGriffon is still under development and the latest version was released in November, 2017. There are nice tutorials for both on the internet.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.