I have the SQL DDL commands to create a database (
CREATE TABLE etc. etc.) with some Foreign Key - Primary Key inter-table constraints.
Now, I want to generate an image which looks something like this:
That is, for every table, there's a listing of its name, its size (or a comment), and its column names (without the type); and single- or multi-column FK-PK relations are marked with an arrow connector, or split-ends arrow connector.
- Produces either a high-resolution image or some vectorized format
- Libre license
- Supports customizing the output format, visually (colors, connector behavior, spacing)
- Supports customizing the output format, content-wise (e.g. displaying the data types, marking the primary key fields differently)
- Exports both images, SVGs and Libreoffice Draw / Visio / Dia files
- It can be web-based, I don't mind.
- I can adapt my DDL to whichever dialect the tool supports - PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS-SQL, MonetDB, whatever. So the tool can be "fussy". I can even enter the field details and the constraints manually if push comes to shove.