Because of end of YouTube editor, I'd like to as for a recommendation for it as a video editor.
First of all, my most common use-case, is that I have multiple videos from the same source & with the same format (and res 720p) - and I want to join them with simple transition animation & put out to YouTube.
What I really liked about YouTube editor: I didn't have to care about output format options & rendering on my PC, it was done on YouTube servers in background, and time of final publication is not urgent for me. Need for uploading "parts" to YouTube was not an issue, because finally I needed it only on YouTube.
Ideal software for me would be (priority list):
- Windows desktop, offline & free (at best open source - I don't like software that has "free" & "pro" version, because sooner or later some limitations of "free" one shows up)
- Somehow active development (last version done in 2017)
- Easy & fast rendering, with ability to keep source format/encoding/resolution in project with multiple source input videos (if they have the same format of course)
- Timeline feature
- rich output format/encoding/resolution (for handling other use-cases than my most common one)
- Allow to add static pictures & transitions - but I guess it is feature of all, even simplest video editor
- Easy, intuitive interface
What is not important for me:
- feature of uploading directly to YouTube (come on, everyone can do this 2 clicks themselves)
With my initial research (Google + Wiki chart), I found some potential candidates, but I'm not sure which will fill best my requirements:
- Filmora Wondershare (this is something new? never saw it before)
Can you please help in choosing best one or recommending better ones?