I have two VeraCrypt containers totaling 5.3tb (3tb and 2.3tb) which I would like to copy to an external location (cloud storage, rented data center space or similar), in case of local loss of data. I don't need automatic backup but I need to be able to periodically overwrite the stored data (maybe monthly) and I need to be able to download the data in the event of data loss. I'm seeking to do this as cheaply as possible. I'm struggling to find a solution as many services seem to either cap data below this level, charge a lot for quantities of this kind, or struggle to upload this quantity of data in a reasonable time. What might be an appropriate online service?
Ordered by price:
- Hubic 10TB for €5/month, no transfer fees, bandwidth is about 6 MB/s
- Backblaze unlimited for $5/month, keeps historical files for 30 days
- Owning 6TB for about €200, excl. price for NAS
- C14 cheaper version of Amazon Glacier
- Glacier, branded backup, high retrieval fees
- Backblaze B2 similar to Amazon S3
- S3 Infrequent access, branded data store
I am using Hubic and zpaq for deduplication so I don't transfer TBs every month. If performance become problem I would go with home NAS or even some cheap server housing.