We're looking for a web-based software to manage resources of our company, like projectors, cars and meetings rooms.
Must have features:
- Users can book a type of resources for a period of time
- Admins/resource owners/managers can accept or reject requests
- Users get email notification when the state of their request (or booking) changes (accepted/rejected/modified)
Nice to haves:
- Customizable/open source
- Various reports about usage of the managed resources
- Automatic suggestions for equal usage of resources (to avoid the situation when one car has run about 120 000 km and another one has run only 10 000 km)
- Settable maintenance periods for resources (when the resource is unavailable for users)
- Sharing resources between users (two people can get the same car to go to the same city on the same day) (merging requests)
On the technology side, we would prefer Java and Linux but anything else could be good.
User management can take place "locally" inside the application. LDAP/Active Directory support is not required currently.