TestDisk (Windows/Mac/Linux) is a free open source partition scanner and data recovery tool. It is very useful in recovering lost partitions. TestDisk can:
- Fix partition table, recover deleted partition
- Recover FAT32 boot sector from its backup
- Rebuild FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 boot sector
- Fix FAT tables
- Rebuild NTFS boot sector
- Recover NTFS boot sector from its backup
- Copy files from deleted FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2/ext3/ext4 partitions
If TestDisk is unable to recover the deleted partition, you will need another partition that has 2TB of available disk space, for example another 2TB hard drive.
When TestDisk is launched it will display an interactive procedure. To recover the files and the folder structure open TestDisk -> choose a hard drive to recover -> select the partition table type -> select Advanced -> select a drive partition -> select Undelete -> tell TestDisk where to copy the undeleted data to.