I'm mostly experienced in Libgdx and Corona. Having tried unity gideros, and godot.
I'm currently on Linux so i can only use godot and Libgdx. Im tasked with creating a 2d game or 2.5d like catch the killer. A puzzle where you find hidden stuff, dialogue between characters and stuff like that. My boss is buying me a new laptop probably a mac so I can pick any Engine . Requirements are:
- cross platform, Android ios
- Internationalization and Localization
- Ability for the user to download additional levels as he progresses or buy stuff
- The final code should be small in size and the performance should be excellent, that's so important
- The development time should be so fast because i have a tight deadline and i have a week to learn it.
- Active community, well documented, many tutorials.
I would go for libgdx but not sure about 3, 4 and 5. if you have any other engine in mind let me know