I am looking for a simple 2D animation software to create animated infographics, basically an alternative to Adobe Animate/Flash Pro.
I need something that
- Supports text properly, including Unicode fonts (like Font Awesome)
- Supports Vector Graphics (preferably SVG, but .ai or .eps is also ok)
- Has a timeline where I can specify Key Frames, and then do stuff like
- Move objects from A to B, preferably without easing if desired
- Animate Color or Transparency changes
- Scale objects
- Export the animation as an animated GIF or Picture Sequence at a given resolution and frame rate
- Must run locally on Windows - no web/cloud based ones (but Electron apps are okay)
- Must not have a subscription model. I don't need Free/OSS, a one-time payment is fine, preferably $150 or less
Tools that I've tried so far that commonly come up
- NCH Express Animate - Almost what I want, except that it doesn't support Vector Graphics, and that text handling is broken in the current version (Doesn't remember text sizes, doesn't support all fonts in the system)
- Synfig Studio - Aimed at Character Animation/Cartoons, does not handle text well
- Pencil2D - Same as Synfig studio
- Plenty of HTML5-based ones (e.g., Animatron or Biteable), but those are online/cloud apps
- Adobe Animate - has everything that I want (and a whole bunch of stuff that I don't need), but at $240/year, it's more that I want to spend
- Adobe After Effects - same issue as animate, $240/year.
- DIY Solutions using Processing or similar - last resort, don't want to spend a week making my own if I can avoid it.