I am looking for an open-source program to accomplish the same things that can be done with Qlik or PowerBI. The main difference is that I want the processing to be done on the server side rather than to be self contained in a file and processed in memory. Any suggestions? Dynamic reports rather than static reports are preferred, as I am already using Reportserver for my reports. This tool I wish to use for data exploration.
- Free & Open Source as is python.
- BSD Licence, python is PSF, both allow commercial use
- Is cross platform, (for just about every platform up to super computers).
- Can be run both server side or client side
- Can interface with mySQL, (and the majority of other databases).
- Has a number of visualisations and can interface to more
The good news is that as it can run both client & server side you can develop client side and then simply upload to the server.
Tableau Desktop will read from certain databases and plot the data. It does many other things as well. Its totally point and click but learning curve not steep, but not simple either. There is a free version at Tableau public. You have to store your files on their server though. So if this is proprietary or personal you're best to avoid it. A single user license is not cheap. This tool is specifically used for data exploration and was introduced to me through a data science online tutorial.