I am looking for a simple tool that would check text for terminology based on a replacement list.
Example of a replacement definition:
- allowed: application
- disallowed: app; consider: application
- disallowed: program; consider: application
- allowed: bonus program
- disallowed: bounty program; consider: bonus program
Our app supports the bounty program.
error: bounty program
Our application supports the bonus program.
Note how the software has to consider longer terms over short terms, otherwise there would be too many false positives.
- simple editing of the replacement list with free tools or Microsoft Office
- machine readable format of the replacement list so that we can write tools that support the workflow
- run on Windows
- is free / open source
- finds errors as explained above
- color highlighting
- red: error
- green: recognized term
- I'm looking for some sort of report, not a modification of the original file. It may be a temporary report displayed on the screen. No need to be saved.
- makes suggestions as explained above
- if multiple suggestions apply, let the user choose which one to take
I have already tried:
- TermXAct (German), but a) it's commercial and b) does not prefer long terms over short ones and c) is not feaure-complete