I want to recommend a relative some upgrades and/or see if some spare parts I have lying around would improve the PC of a relative. I'm having a hard time getting the various models and versions from this relative, mainly because of a lack of tech knowledge on the other end.
I'm looking for a piece of software that will gather the basic tech specs (in this specific case the monitor model) and easily gets them to me. To summarize the must-have requirements:
- Works on Windows 7 and above
- Able to get specs of base hardware (graphics card, motherboard, RAM, CPU, drives)
- Able to get specs (preferably model, but at least current resolution) of connected monitor(s)
- Easy to get the results to someone else (e.g. e-mail it to someone easily)
- Easy to use for non-technical users
To clarify that last point: browsing, e-mailing, copy/pasting, etc is all fine. But command-line stuff, potentially dangerous options, and so forth is out of the question.
Oh and it would be very nice to have the solution not send the details anywhere else (e.g. the software's creator).
What would you recommend?