I want something SIMPLE and if possible free. Paid is OK too and in this case a one time fee is prefered instead of a subscription.
I don't mind cloud apps as long as I can export my data and have a hard copy of it. I prefer to have an actual app on my computer though.
Here’s what I want to do:
- Be able to enter an invoice and know when it was paid. Basically keep track of unpaid invoices.
- Track business and personal expenses separately.
- Generate some sort of report to be able to send to my accountant when the time arrives. Needs to be able to break out GST for business expenses. GST is a Canadian tax (5%). This can be very simple.
Nice to have:
- Runs in OSX.
- App that will let me snap a pic of a purchase and link it to an expense so that when I see the bank statement and go "wtf?!" I can refer to the pic and know exactly what the charge was about.
- Be able to be used by two separate users so that my wife can keep her business expenses separate (maybe this will require an extra license depending on the software).
I have almost no experience with software like this so suggestions on an alternative workflow are welcome (eg. use different software for personal/business stuff, etc).