I like to find non-Google alternatives to apps when possible. I'm looking for an app that provides a "Find my phone" feature - showing the location on a map, and activating the device ringer at full volume - and a way to remotely wipe a lost device.
Open-source apps are preferable, but I don't think there is one. Paid apps are ok - perhaps preferable, since they're less likely to have creepy privacy-violating features.
The only app I've found so far is Avira. It has "find my phone" built-in, but no remote wipe feature. The "find my phone" map view works well, but the "play sound" feature isn't great - it plays a very loud, annoying sound for 20 seconds, but unlike Google's app, you can't cancel the sound when you find the device - you have to continue listening to the loud, annoying sound until it runs its course.
Summed up, my requirements are:
- an Android app that lets me remotely find my "lost phone"
- must work without any Google services
- must show the location of my device on a map
- must allow to activate the device ringer at full volume (regardless of "silent mode" etc)
- must provide a feature to remotely wipe the device
- must not violate my privacy (i.e. not contain creepy calling-home, ads, analytics etc)
- open source preferred. If no such exist, paid apps are acceptable