I want to be able to draw some terrain like in the picture attached(minus the aircraft) and have the XYZ Cartesian coordinates of the points of the terrain returned to me. I need the data for experimental purposes and DEM files from NASA are not in XYZ format. Is there any software to help me do this?
- A cross-platform free and open-source desktop geographic information system
- GNU GPL licenced
- Can import data in a number of formats.
- Geographic Resources Analysis Support System
- Free and open-source software
- Cross Platform
- under the GNU General Public License
- Adds a large number of import formats
- Also has command line/shell interfaces
GRASS GIS contains over 350 modules to render maps and images on monitor and paper; manipulate raster and vector data including vector networks; process multispectral image data; and create, manage, and store spatial data
You will have some learning to do but there are active and helpful online communities available.