I'm looking for a music player for Ubuntu Linux that supports resuming the song, position in that song, and the playlist in which the song was located once I open it again (essentially saving state on close and resuming on reopen). It also must:
- Support playlists or something like it
- Be able to open an m3u playlist
- Be able to open a directory as a playlist or create a playlist from the directory
I've already tried the following:
- VLC Media Player - supported everything except playlist and song resume
- Rhythmbox - supported everything except playlist and song position resume
What media player for Ubuntu is capable of doing this?