I'm looking for a small program that will be able to keep and paste (or replace) things I type into a GUI application (like a browser).
- I hit a key combination
- Some sort of list with a filter comes up and I can find what I want to paste in (a smiley, a unicode character, a URL, whatever).
- I click on it (or hit ENTER with it selected or whatever), and it's pasted into the active window, or into clipboard.
Or an alternative workflow:
- I type something like "I approve :checkmark:"
- I hit a key combination (perhaps with the whole sentence selected)
- String gets replaced with "I approve ✓".
I remember having one of those on Windows, but I'm specficially looking something that will work on Linux (I'm currently running Ubuntu with Unity).
Would appreciate all suggestions and recommendations.
If more details are required, please feel free to yell at me in the comments (It's my first question here :D)