I'm using Password Safe on my PCs, but recently I aquired some Apple devices including my work laptop. I looked at the related projects and tried one (Password Gorilla). It turns out to be a little unresponsive on my MacBook Pro. I also decided I would like to access my passwords from my iPod Touch. So I'm looking around for another option. The most likely choices seem to be pwSafe and pwSafeMac. I don't mind spending $12.98 for the pair, but that seems a lot to invest given that there seem to be free options floating around.
My must haves:
- Support Password Safe V3 files stored on Dropbox.
- Generate new passwords according to password policy stored in the file.
- Passwords can be copied to the clipboard with minimal effort.
- Notification of expiring passwords. (Password Safe falls short here.)
- No subscription fees.
My nice to haves:
- Unified interface on all platforms. (Including the PC if possible.)
- Free or inexpensive.
- Is easy enough to use and install that I can recommend it to my grandmother. (None of the options I've tried come close.)