I have a list of 2000 addresses like this:
Macquarie Park, New South Wales Kitami, Hokkaido Hachioji, Tokyo Pokemon Inc. Asahi Bldg. 7F 3-2-6 Asakusabashi Taito-ku, Tokyo 111-0053 Japan 東京都港区
And I want to display them on a map without sending these addresses over the Internet.
- City-level precision is OK.
- Some addresses (like the 4th one above) contain many details, they can be skipped but it might be tricky for an algorithm to find what can be safely skipped.
- Many addresses don't have the country name. Note that Google Maps find these without any problem, so I guess there usually is no ambiguity.
- Places all over the world.
- Some of the addresses use non-Latin scripts. Bonus for geocoding them too.
.kmlfile output is OK.
- Raw latitude/longitude output is OK too.
- If the software insists on showing results as a map, it is OK too. I don't need very detailed maps, a map where names of cities above 100000 inhabitants are visible is enough.
- Runs on my local computer (I can install any OS).
- Easy to install, without downloading gigabytes of data.