Locally, I have a huge music collection managed by Quod Libet, which works great. Now I’d like to listen to all of my music from other computers, e.g. when visiting a friend.
I don’t want to stream it from my computer, so I’m looking for a Web application which I can install on my server.
- Require login for accessing the app.
- Bonus: Allow several user accounts.
- It should support MP3 and OGG.
- It should have no problems managing 30000-40000 tracks.
- Search function (full text, and/or by title/artist/album).
- Bonus: allow searching custom tags.
- Playlists (it would be great if I could create playlists "on the fly" from within the app).
- Repeat & random modes.
- Bonus: Allow downloading single tracks, or even all tracks of a playlist/album.
- Bonus: Show how much traffic was used in the current month.
- Upload function / synchronization (I’ll take care of uploading the music to my server, so the tool doesn’t need to do this)
- Tagging, renaming, deletion (I’ll upload only organized music).
- Nice design.
- It must be Free/Libre Open Source Software.
- It must run natively on a GNU/Linux server.