- Stop within centimeters of the target place.
- Arrive exactly on time.
- The smoothest wins: no sudden brakes, slower in curves.
The games I have found work offline.
Instead, I want to compete against the driver of the train I am riding right now (and potentially other players riding the same train).
- Find out which train I am currently riding, probably using GPS and trains data.
- Detect the instant at which the real train starts, using bell sound recognition and motion sensor, and let me start my simulated train at the same time.
- Take statistics about the real train's time and smoothness performance, probably using my device's sensors. Real-world distance errors are extremely rare, so this can be skipped.
- Compare statistics after both our trains have reached a stop at the next station.
- Runs on Android.
Bonus for weather impact (rain/snow makes the brakes less efficient), bonus if data collected from the players is used to improve the simulation model, huge bonus if the game and data are open source.