Do you know a tool to create video collages? I made the one below with After Effects, but I'm looking for something lightweight.
You can do lots of effects like that with MoviePy which has the following prerequisites:
- Python Obviously
- Numpy, imageio, Decorator, tqdm and FFMPEG (All automatically installed)
- Imagemagick Optional
- PyGame - For previews
- PIL or Pillow Advanced Use
- Scipy Advanced Use
- Scikit Image Advanced Use
- OpenCV >= 2.4.6 Advanced Use
You can even use it, with video grep, to select clips based on the subtitles and paste them together.
All of the software mentioned above is:
- Free, Gratis & Open Source
- Cross Platform Win/OS-X/Linux
- Small and compact, (by modern standards).
- Download of the Python installer is ~30 MB,
- FFMPEG < 50 MB,
- OpenCV (if required) is quite large at 120 MB,
- SciPy+Numpy is about 62 MB,
- imagemagick about 20 MB and those are the biggest downloads.