I am using lots of offline documentation in html. I would like to browse and view it (GUI) offline without having to use a full-blown browser like Firefox, Chromium etc, because:
- I wish to ensure that no communication is being sent to tracking agents (Google, fex, is extremely adept at extracting data, even if you arm yourself with the elite array of privacy plugins)
- Mainstream browsers are very resource hungry, and are currently causing freezes on my setup.
It would have to:
- support moderately modern HTML and CSS.
- be open source
- compile and run on linux (x64)
- (preferably) not employ any networking libraries
Are there any existing software alternatives for this?