I'm searching for an android APP capable off showing a map, getting current GPS position and allowing the user (me) to save the position.
I'll explain my project: I need to place some items in a forest.
- There isn't any data connection (or really really really slow).
- I need to place these items in a regular pattern.
- I need to be able to find these items some months later.
What I don't need (I don't care if it has the features anyway): search or navigation functionalities. There is only forest anyway.
So what I need is a APP with following capabilities:
- Show me the map (ideally with satellite pictures).
- Download a specified region via WIFI connection.
- Get my GPS position.
- Save many GPS positions (the places where I've placed my items).
- Show the saved positions with a custom circle around it (something between 50m and 120m).
- Show my current position also with a circle around it (ideally in a different colour, but could be the same).
If this kind of tool doesn't exist I will have to write it on my own, but it seems like a lot of work so I'd prefer to use something existing.