In existing project which is developed as complete custom solution we face need for content management system (for us as well as client). Our current generic needs are (in WordPress terminology):
- Create custom post types and taxonomies (translable & versioned).
- Access given content by progammable API (e.g. get all item of certain post types)
- Administration for given post type (datagrid + forms)
Considered following options:
- Use "standard" CMS (Drupal, Wordpress) - seems impossible as they seem too standalone to just use part of them which would mainly require complete rewrite of our current codebase (which is impossible).
- Write such functionality to fit the project - no that much abstract, but no-reusable.
- Library providing described functionality, just install and configure the post types, taxonomies... - would be perfect, but haven't found so far. (Symfony CMF seems that it could do this, hard to say from documentation).
- Is there any CMS with described functionality that would be possible to integrate into existing project?
- Is there any library providing described functionality?
Note: previously asked on https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42230616/content-management-for-existing-php-project as I considered it to be a more programming related question.