I am looking for a performance profiling tool that can tell me the performance bottlenecks in my Java application and can give me a detailed overview of the most expensive method calls.
I have the following requirements:
- I have a Java Enterprise Application, so the profiler should be able to measure the performance of the Java server application when some request arrives.
- I am using JSF, Spring, and Spring Webflow. If some request arrives and as a result flow x is executed, the profiler should be able to list the performance of all methods called during the execution of flow x.
- The profiler should be as lightweight as possible.
- I am working on Linux with IntelliJ IDE and it would be great if the profiler has a IntelliJ integration for source code navigation
- If possible, the profiler should be open source or at least there should be a free trial version.
Currently I am facing the problem that my server needs a lot of time for responding on certain requests and I want to know if there is any single method that is very slow or if the number of method calls is the problem.