I need a good forum software for a new community site.
In particular, the software should:
- easy front end UX for new thread creation with full WYSIWYG editor and no need for users to enter code
- ability for users to upload images (ideally with resizing on server end to reduce space usage)
- threads can all be tagged or put into categories thus bypassing the traditional old forums structures and making it more fluid like Stack Exchange
- be least resource intensive and able to work on a shared server like GoDaddy -fairly easily customisable to add a logo, change basic colours
- work well on mobile phones (optionally having app versions)
- offer good long term support
- scalability: I'd also be happy to pay more if it scales significantly, but trying to keep it low cost while the audience is small, as it will be tiny in the first year
I'd like the product to be an open source platform, or at least one with a one off fee rather than something that locks me into an annual subscription.