TestDisk (Windows/Mac/Linux) is a free open source partition scanner and data recovery tool. It is very useful in recovering lost partitions. TestDisk can:
- Fix partition table, recover deleted partition
- Recover FAT32 boot sector from its backup
- Rebuild FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 boot sector
- Fix FAT tables
- Rebuild NTFS boot sector
- Recover NTFS boot sector from its backup
- Copy files from deleted FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2/ext3/ext4 partitions
When TestDisk is launched it will display an interactive procedure that you follow to select the partition to be recovered, select the Copy function, and select where you want to save the files that will be recovered from the 2TB FAT32 USB drive.
If TestDisk is unable to fix the corrupted partition table, you will need another partition that has 2TB of available disk space, for example another 2TB hard drive.