I'm in a small company that develop audio software, and we have been seeking for a proper VCS software for pretty long times. We have two requirements:
- Able to handle binary files. We have many audio files and pictures to be version controlled, and some of them could be rather large.
- Able to handle cross-platform non-ASCII file names, as we are in China, and work on both Windows and Mac.
We have already tried those VCS:
- Plastic - what we are currently using - has many other problems;
- Git and Mercurial both can't do #2, and somebody told Bazaar has same issue;
- Perforce is too complicated, and has very different concepts comparing with other VCS.
- SVN keeps too large cache file in local workspace, actually at least as large as the current workspace content.