To be more precise I am looking for client that will automatically rebuild the lft,rgt and level columns commonly used in nested set tables - typically based on a parent_id column - either after each insert or on demand.
You can manage, add, delete rows using EMS SQL Manager for MySQL. For other purposes you asked please visit: Specifying master level using EMS SQL Manager
Here's some of its features
Advanced data manipulation tools
- View, edit, search, group, sort, filter any data stored in registered database
- Powerful BLOB viewer/editor with several types of viewing BLOB data
- Master-detail view to work with two linked tables at the same time
- Table and card views to see data the way you like
- Support of queries returning Multiple Result sets
- Ability to copy and paste selected records
- Exporting data to SQL script as INSERT statement
Hope this helps.